With the weather heating up, it’s the perfect time to indulge in a sweet frozen treat. Would the summer even be the summer without ice cream? We think not.
British café chain, Pret A Manger, has recently been sharing some top recipes (head here for more) and this salted caramel latte ice cream recipe sounds like the perfect way to keep cool this summer.
The recipe serves four and combines two of our favourite things: coffee and ice cream.
• 300ml double cream
• 175g tinned caramel (or condensed milk for a less caramelly flavour)
• 50g very strong brewed coffee
• 1 tsp vanilla
• A generous pinch of salt
• 1 tbsp tinned caramel
• A few Amaretti biscuits or any of your favourite biscuits
• A sprinkle of cocoa powder
• Whisk all the ingredients for the ice cream base together until you have soft peaks.
• Fill a plastic container with the mousse-like mixture and smooth the surface.
• If using, swirl a little more caramel sauce through the ice cream mixture, to create ripples, and top with the crumbled biscuits or a sprinkle of cocoa powder.
• Free for at least six hours, or ideally overnight, before serving.
• Perfect with an extra shot of coffee poured over the top for an indulgent affogato-style dessert.
I scream, you scream, we all scream for more homemade ice cream recipes?
Head here for heaps more recipes, including some for ice cream and ice lollies.