I scream, you scream, we all scream for, erm, cardamom-spiced chocolate and cherry ice cream?
The naughtiest and nicest way to keep cool, as temperatures are starting to soar, is undoubtedly with a scoop (of six) of ice cream.
This chocolatey, spiced and sweet recipe from Marks & Spencer makes six scoops of ice cream. Enjoy.
• 200g red cherries
• 300ml whipping cream
• 75g caster sugar
• 300ml whole milk
• 100g dark chocolate
• 3 egg yolks
• 6 wafer cones
• 4 cardamom pods
• Remove the stones and roughly chop the red cherries, break the dark chocolate into pieces and bruise the cardamom pods.
• Put the chocolate in a heavy-based pan with the milk and cardamom pods. Heat gently, stirring occasionally, until the chocolate has melted.
• Whisk together the egg yolks and sugar in a heatproof bowl.
• Bring the milk almost to the boil, strain it onto the egg yolks and whisk to combine.
• Return the mixture to the pan and stir over a gentle heat until the custard has thickened slightly and coats the back of a spoon (don’t allow it to boil or it will curdle).
• Pour into a bowl, cover the surface with cling-film. Leave to cool.
• Softly whip the cream and fold it into the chocolate custard.
• Transfer to a freezer-proof container with a lid and freeze for two-three hours, until the custard has firmed up around the edges.
• Beat until smooth, then return to the freezer for another two hours.
• Beat again until smooth, then fold in the cherries.
• Freeze for one more hour, or until firm.
• Transfer the ice cream to the fridge 20 minutes before serving, in wafer cones if you like.
For more recipes try at home in the UAE, head here.