In the mood to treat yourself? Flex your carnivorous muscles in the kitchen by preparing, then promptly tucking right into, one of these huge, 300g chunks of Australian oyster blade beef (otherwise known as Flat Iron).
We have expert advice from Chef Kabeer at Souk Madinat Jumeirah’s The Meat Co. (which made its way on to the shortlist for Time Out Dubai’s best steakhouse award at the 2020 Time Out Dubai Restaurant Awards.
Here’s what you need to get going, and to create your home made steak dinner for two.
2 x 300g Australian Oyster Blade steaks
4 x cloves crushed garlic
Crushed sea salt
1. Season your steaks with fresh salt and pepper, and a small amount of olive oil, on each side.
2. Get your pan searing hot with a generous drizzle of olive oil in the bottom.
3. Gently place your steaks in the pan, lowering in while facing away from you to avoid splashes.
4. Cook for two minutes or until golden brown on the bottom, then turn.
5. Add lightly crushed garlic, fresh rosemary and thyme, before adding the butter.
6. Generously baste your steaks with the molten butter (which, as it browns, will combine with the herbs to release a nutty flavour).
7. Remove from the pan after a further 2-3 minutes
8. Leave your steaks to stand for two minutes then slice and serve with your choice of sauce or accompaniment (why not try some home-made potato chips?)
For more great recipes to try at home, click here.