Fancy serving up something a little bit different for dinner? These gorgeous and entirely vegetarian cauliflower wings coated in a spicy Korean sauce will have you picking and finger lickin’ away like nobody’s business.
Courtesy of The Cheesecake Factory, this recipe requires a few exotic ingredients you may not have in your cupboard right now, but get your hands on them you must, because these spicy cauliflower florets are brilliant.
Check out the rest of our recipes by clicking here – there’s a combination of UAE restaurants and advice from world-renowned chefs.
2 cups cauliflower florets, cut into 3/4in to 1in pieces (100g)
4 tsps. rice flour
1/8 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp coarse salt
Pinch of ground black pepper
1/2 cup rice flour batter(170g)
1/2 cup Korean chile sauce (125mls, recipe below)
1/2 tsp. green onions, sliced 1/8”
1/8 tsp. lime zest, minced
1/8 tsp sesame seeds
1 wedge lime, wedge
2 fz. ranch dressing (60ml)
1. Place the cauliflower pieces, rice flour, baking powder, salt and pepper (pinch) into a small mixing bowl and toss to incorporate.
2. Do not discard any excess flour.
3. Ladle the rice flour batter into the bowl and fold to incorporate.
4. Fry the cauliflower pieces at 350-degrees until golden brown and crispy (approximately four mins.). Drain over the fryer and transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
5. Heat the Korean chile sauce in a non-stick sauté pan set over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
6. Add the cauliflower into the pan, tossing to incorporate.
7. Mound the cauliflower into a bowl.
8. Sprinkle the green onion, lime zest and sesame seeds evenly over the cauliflower.
9. Sprinkle the lime zest evenly over the cauliflower.
10. Ladle the ranch dressing into a small dish and serve on the side with the lime wedge.
Korean Chile Sauce
1/2 cup Kalbi sauce* (275ml)
1/4 cup honey (85ml)
2 tbsp kecap manis (Sweet Soy Sauce)
3 tbsp. Korean chile paste (Gochujang)
1 tbsp. garlic, minced
1 tbsp ginger, peeled, minced
1 tbsp. granulated sugar
2 tsp. apple vinegar
1/2 tsp. sesame oil
1/4 tsp. sriracha
1. Place all ingredients into a blender and process until incorporated and smooth, scraping the sides occasionally to ensure even blending.
2. Transfer into a storage container until needed.
For loads more recipes to explore, click here.