London-based cook and TV personality Gizzi Erskine, who also owns top London restaurant The Nitery, shares her simple three-ingredient tuna bean salad recipe.
The recipe serves two people and can souped-up with extra ingredients (if you have them).
“This is something I lived off as a poor catering student. It’s delicious and cheap to make. I’ve got a more complex version on the menu at The Nitery but I’ve created this simple recipe that you can adapt with whatever you’ve got in your cupboards and fridges at home," says Erskine.
Hungry? Let’s get cooking…
• One can of tuna (or sardines)
• One can of mixed beans (or any white bean)
• One onion (red, white, yellow or shallots will do)
• Begin by chopping half the onion very finely and adding to a mixing bowl.
• Strain and rinse the can of beans. Add to the bowl.
• Drain the tuna or sardines and add to the bowl.
• Have a fully stocked kitchen? Add a large handful of finely chopped parsley. Dress with the juice of half a lemon or a tablespoon of vinegar, two tablespoons of olive oil and a generous grinding of black pepper and salt.
If you’re looking for more tasty and simple recipes using store cupboard staples, look no further. We have loads of delicious recipes for you to whip up at home, here.