Abu Dhabi's LPM Restaurant & Bar has won awards for its cuisine ever since opening. If you fancy learning how to master a dish from one of the capital's very best eateries, now's your chance, as the French restaurant has shared this recipe for one of its best-sellers, the salt-baked seabass.
Here’s how it’s done…
Salt-baked sea bass
Prep time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
• 150g fillet of sea bass (Japanese-style)
• 20g julienned courgettes
• 25g cherry tomatoes
• 5g shaved artichoke (fried)
• 5g tomato consommé (try the broth recipe here http://www.spinneys-dubai.com/recipe/2189-summer-tomato-broth-with-mozza...)
• 15g sea salt
• 2g Malden salt
• 10ml egg whites
• 5g Provençal herbs
• Basil, sliced into ribbons
• Chopped chives
• Olive oil
• Take your sea bass, filleted Japanese style, and wrap it in aluminium foil – skin side up – with Malden salt and olive oil.
• Create a paste from the sea salt, Provençal herbs and egg white, and add to the skin – this is your salt crust.
• Bake in the oven at 210°C for eight minutes.
• At the same time, sautée your julienned courgette in a pan with olive oil and a bit of salt, before adding in the cherry tomatoes and tomato consommé.
• Once the fish is cooked, remove the skin together with the salt crust, and top with the courgettes and tomatoes. Garnish the top with fried artichokes, the basil and chives.
Prefer to order? LPM Restaurant & Bar is now on Deliveroo.
For more recipes from Dubai’s best restaurants, click here.