Popular British store Marks & Spencer has shared a recipe to get the kid's day off to a good start.
The recipe, which serves two, is healthy, wholesome and will fill little tummies... until they beg for a snack 30 minutes later that is!
• 2 slices brown seeded bread
• 1 perfectly ripe avocado
• 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 lemon
• 2 eggs
• 1 small ripe tomato
• Fill a small pan with water, put on a medium heat and leave to come to a boil. Once boiling, lower your eggs in slowly (this will prevent them from cracking) and boil for 6.5 minutes.
• Meanwhile, starting at the top of your avocado, slice in half lengthwise around the stone. Twist the two halves apart to expose the stone. Carefully tap your knife firmly onto the stone to lodge it in slightly and then twist the knife to remove the stone.
• Scoop out the avocado flesh and pop it into a bowl, cut the lemon in half and squeeze it over the avocados. With the back of a fork, lightly mash the avocado. Season with a little salt, pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.
• Once your eggs are done remove from the heat and run under cold water.
• Toast your bread and once golden rub the tomato flesh into the toast, giving it a good squeeze as you go, eventually discarding the skin.
• Peel your eggs and break them up a little with a fork. Drizzle over a little oil and season.
• Spread the avocado over the tomato toast, top with the egg and serve.
For more recipes click here.