High end Vietnamese that needs to refocus its attention 6 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
This high-end Vietnamese eatery has impressed in the past with its well-cooked seafood and tender meats, subtle Asian flavours and creative dishes – even receiving a highly commended gong in last year’s TOAD awards. Unfortunately, it seems standards have slipped a little since then. The first problem is the length of time between being seated and actually receiving your food – you'll wait. And wait. And wait. And when the food does eventually arrive, it is sadly lacking in places; starters are still succulent and satisfying, but mains of braised duck were, on our visit, tough and chewy. The black cod is, thankfully, more successful; well-cooked with a subtle sweetness that doesn’t overpower the delicate flavour of the fish. The ambience is still pleasant and the service polite and friendly, but there are plenty of glitches that need ironing out if it wants to repeat its previous successes.
Time Out Abu Dhabi,
- Previous reviews
- 03 January,2017- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 17 August,2016- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 06 October,2015- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 04 December,2012- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 01 November,2012- reviewed by Time Out staff
- 21 December,2010- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 01 August,2009- reviewed by Jon Wilks
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.