Mediocre Italian cuisine in a great location 4 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
There’s no doubt the city loves Italian cuisine – the glut of restaurants in the capital are sound proof of that fact, and their offerings range vastly in quality from sloppy and bland to authentic and flavourful. Sevilo’s sits firmly in the middle. Service is pleasant, prices aren’t bad and the food, unfortunately, is very middle of the road. There is nothing particularly outstanding on the menu – pizzas, pastas, meat dishes and a few salads – but nothing particularly offensive, either.
Starters are disappointing – tasting suspiciously like they’ve spent a long time in the fridge; on the other hand, mains are hearty and filling – the lamb is cooked exactly to specification, and is tender and full of flavour, and the pasta draws no complaints. The decor has a few Italian touches, and the terrace has great views of the city. If only they’d add a few surprises to their menu – perhaps they’d finally be able to compete.
Time Out Abu Dhabi,
- Previous reviews
- 07 October,2014- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 29 October,2013- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 01 November,2012- reviewed by Time Out staff
- 03 July,2012- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 16 February,2011- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 22 December,2009- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.