Old school elegance at one of the city’s long-standing Italian restaurants 13 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
UPDATE: Bice in Hilton Abu Dhabi is now called Bocca
Although competition among Italian restaurants in the capital is stiffer than a breadstick, old-timer Bice still manages to hold its own. The menu has plenty of old school flair, with rich, creamy pastas, steaks, seafood and olive oil-drizzled salads all on the menu, each dish made with premium ingredients and elegantly prepared. Highlighted options make the menu easy to navigate for vegetarians, those with allergies or anyone on a diet – that said, the chef rarely holds back on butter, cheese or cream so Bice isn’t the place to eat carefully. Staff treat you like it’s a special occasion each time you visit, while the dramatic floor-to-ceiling windows, artistic black and white photography and formal tableware all add to the restaurant’s classic fine dining atmosphere. It’s slightly overpriced, and bite for bite you could certainly get better value at some of the city’s other, more innovative Italian eateries. But part of Bice’s draw is its good old fashioned charm – and you can’t put a price on that.
Time Out Abu Dhabi,
- Previous reviews
- 04 October,2016- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 17 August,2016- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 22 September,2015- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 23 September,2014- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 19 November,2013- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 01 November,2012- reviewed by Time Out staff
- 15 December,2010- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 22 December,2009- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 01 January,2009- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.