Warm, homey food at slightly elevated prices with a phenomenally diverse selection of brews 31 Reviews
- Picture 1 of 2
In a nutshell, Belgian cuisine is thick chips in mayonnaise, hearty sauces, great chocolate, warm waffles and of course lots of brews; and Belgian Café serves excellent examples of all these, and a side of mussels. The dark wood bar decor gives an instant feeling of home, and the serving staff are helpful and chatty. The restaurant strongly hangs on to authenticity, so don’t be surprised when your bread and butter are served up in a paper bag. The menu is simple, and covers all the Belgian bases – rich sauces, thick meats, and yes fries in mayo – but also brings in a small selection of European comfort flavours borrowed from France and Germany, such as goat cheese and rich stews. The outdoor seating is reserved for the establishment’s very fine – albeit pricey – selection of international brews, and the service on the outside is sometimes slow to respond; but if you’re a fan of the stuff, you won’t complain once it hits the table.
Time Out Abu Dhabi,
- Previous reviews
- 03 January,2017- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 17 August,2016- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 15 August,2016- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 01 November,2012- reviewed by Time Out staff
- 02 October,2012- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 03 May,2011- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.