Head to this pan-Asian restaurant for a wide range of dishes. You can sample everything from Japanese tempura to Indonesian satay, Vietnamese rice paper rolls to Thai fish cakes.
Dhs158 (with soft drinks and iced tea), Dhs261 (with house beverages) Timings: Noon-4pm (Friday)
- Picture 1 of 2
Walk into Cho Gao on almost any night and you’ll see tables packed with happy diners. This is one of the most popular restaurants in the city and it’s easy to see why. The food is reasonably priced and the menu is long and varied. Dishes are labelled with their country of origin; you’ll spy cuisine from China, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia, Japan and the Philippines on the menu. Options include salads, appetisers, soups, stir-fry and mains. All too often in Abu Dhabi you feel as though you are dining in an empty eatery, but here, the sheer volume of guests gives the whole place an upbeat vibe, which is a pleasant experience. The Friday brunch is also a fun one that should be experienced, and even though there are less dishes to choose from, emphasis is placed on quality not quantity.
Time Out Abu Dhabi,
- Previous reviews
- 12 April,2016- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 10 March,2015- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 18 March,2014- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 18 June,2013- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 01 November,2012- reviewed by Time Out staff
- 25 October,2011- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
- 05 May,2011- reviewed by Time Out Abu Dhabi staff
Time Out reviews restaurants anonymously and pays for meals. Of course, we cannot guarantee the accuracy or independence of user reviews.